Weekly News, 07.20.22
Have you been by to pick up some of our fresh produce yet this summer? Did you even know that we grow fresh vegetables?
A lot of people visit us in the spring only, and don’t realize that we are here to serve you through other seasons too—summer, fall, and Christmas/holiday. Our summer is in full swing and the harvest is abundant. You can learn more about our summer offerings here.
Thanks to everyone who supported our CSA, (community supported agriculture), program for our season launch last week! We load each Bedner Bag with the freshest and most plentiful crops each week. The pickup window is every Saturday between 11-3pm, at our staffed table in the vendor market area.
I am loving Saturdays here at the farm… it really is like your neighborhood farmers market, but even better!
If you can’t make it to visit us on Saturday, but still want to enjoy a Bedner Bag, you can order one from Market Wagon and have it delivered to your home! We want you to visit us in person, of course, but Market Wagon is an amazing service that brings fresh, local foods to your doorstep. We have a few of our items listed on their site, including the produce bags. You’ll notice that their prices are higher due to the convenience of online ordering and delivery. You can find the best selection and better pricing in our store though, Monday – Saturday.
A few other quick notes this week—
- New to our produce department is a cut-your-own herbs option. No need to grow them at home when you can clip them fresh at the store.
- Did you know that after getting 15 mobile app check-ins, that you get a free Bedner’s t-shirt or hat? If you got your free shirt or hat, send me a photo of yourself in it with subject line Look at me in my Bedner’s gear! I’d love to see it and share. Make sure to wear it when you visit us too, and we’ll know that you’re a super VIP customer.
- Our landscape team is now booking fall projects and landscape clean ups.
- Russ attended Cultivate this week, one of the horticulture industry’s biggest trade show events in Columbus. A whole section of the show features new plants for 2023. We’ll let you know what new and exciting things he learned.
- We had a lovely, sold-out evening for the Fields to Fork wine dinner with DiAnoia’s last Saturday. Their team is so talented and we just love to see what culinary art they create from our homegrown vegetables. The next and last dinner for the season is Saturday, September 17.
- Thank you for your support of our family farm. Growing fresh vegetables is in the Bedner dna, and we’re working hard to keep that tradition alive. As a thank you, I’d like to give away a pick-your-own package—one free u-pick veggies basket and one free small, u-pick bouquet—a value of $32. To enter to win, email me with the subject “U-Pick”. I’ll select one random winner on Monday and announce the winner in next week’s email.
Enjoy the harvest,