Weekly News, 10.12.21
Have you been outside enjoying nature much lately? I can’t get enough of it these days. I know that I need it for my mind, body and soul to recuperate and heal from life.
As Florence Williams says, “we benefit cognitively and psychologically from having trees, bodies of water, and green spaces just to look at.” She spent some time investigating our connection to nature and presents her findings in the book, “Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative.”
You can check out a brief overview here:
Russ has recently been getting his “fix” by capturing beautiful images of sunrises. Here’s one he took recently, overlooking one of our irrigation ponds and out into the field.
Time spent outdoors is time well spent.
We all need some glimpses of beauty in nature to get away from the ugly, sad and evil of the world, right? I’m grateful that our plants, products, services and experiences here at Bedner’s help you to do that.
A sweet customer stopped me in the store recently and described it as “a feast for the eyes”. Thank you for the compliment… that’s exactly what our goal is. Whether it’s just a walk around the greenhouse with a cup of coffee, helping you to select plants for your garden, or teaching you something new in a class or workshop– we are here to help you to get your nature fix.
Here’s a few notes of interest this week:
- We recently restocked the Nursery with a load of fresh trees, including redbud, dogwood, service berry, maple, hydrangea, weeping cherry, pear, magnolia, birch, willow and more. Can you plant in the fall? Absolutely! We highly recommend it.
- We also just got in more Corinthian Bells. I never understood how wonderful these were until I was gifted a set a couple year ago. They make a great gift.
- Homegrown produce this week includes lettuce, arugula, carrots, tomatoes, kale, microgreens, and more. Get yours!
- Our landscape department is now booking for Spring 2022. If you have a design project, I highly recommend getting on their schedule now, to work on the design plan before winter is over. By the time we get to spring, their calendar is already full for most of the year.
- If you haven’t stopped by for Community Market Day yet, stop by soon. It’s a time to relax, enjoy the store displays, grab some lunch at our food truck, mingle with the local vendors, enjoy live music, and take a class or workshop. It’s like a weekly farmer’s market but way better!
- Our last Wine Down Wednesday is this week, October 13! Ren Rocks will be back playing your favorite music.
We’ve been busy planning ahead for spring 2022 and are just about done with all of our orders. If there is something specific that you’d like to see us carry next year, please let us know now!
Thank you for your continued support. We wish you plenty of nature therapy this week.
Enjoy the beauty,