Weekly News, 10.28.20
When was the last time you painted a pumpkin? If it’s been awhile, (or never!), I highly recommend visiting us this Saturday between 1-3pm to paint your own. These two were painted by our 7-year old, Hope. I painted one too, though I’m not as creative so I asked google for some ideas. I ended up creating a blue bird, complete with feather wings and googly eyes. Our collection of masterpieces have added some cheerful color to the front porch.
I love to create container gardens and landscape plant combinations, but drawing or painting gets me out of my comfort zone. I felt a little awkward because of my lack of skill, but it was freeing and fun at the same time. I’m not always one to participate in the fun and games, and would rather observe. But this time I made a point to play, and it was fun. Try it!
Here’s what’s new this week:
- we’re excited to be planting up some fresh ‘Winter Sizzle’ container gardens this week. They are a chic, European twist on fall and winter container decor. A mix of dwarf conifers, colorful foliage, and fruiting evergreens, these hardy beauties will carry you through the Holiday season and into late-winter!
- brand new Christmas and holiday decor will be out for sale next Wednesday, November 4. Trees, wreaths and greens will be available beginning Friday, November 27.
- we’re running some great specials this week to help clear some inventory and make room for Christmas– perennials are Buy 1, Get 1 FREE!; fountains and statuary are 40% OFF; and there’s a table of miscellaneous clearance items, all at 75% OFF.
- there’s another pumpkin decorating idea for you toward the bottom of the email.. a gratitude pumpkin. So cute and will make a great decoration for Thanksgiving dinner.
- there are a few more days to add a leaf to our Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Remembrance Tree! If you can’t make it in person, reply to this email with the name of the loved baby that you want to remember, and I will add the leaf for you, whether it’s a name you gave him or her, or simply Baby ______ (your last name). Learn more about the event here.
Thanks for reading and take care,