Weekly News, 11.16.21
In between the hard work and challenges of life, it’s nice to have reasons to celebrate. At our staff meeting last week, we celebrated our first place win in the Observer-Reporter’s Best of the Best People’s Choice Awards for “Best Garden Center”! We’ve been nominated in this category and made the top three for several years, and finally made first place this year.
Every person on our Team contributes to our success, and so we take this moment to celebrate as a group. One of our Core Values is Teamwork, and we have this African proverb printed on our values poster with it—“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
Here at Bedner’s, we “go together”, and we celebrate our accomplishments together—personal and Company successes.
I’m grateful for the time and talents of each and every one of the people in this photo, (and the few that aren’t pictured). Thanks to all who voted for us in the Best of the Best awards!
Here’s the scoop this week:
- I’m excited to announce that we’ve partnered with Graceful Bee Photography to host mini photo shoots at our Giant Wreath! Kristin will be here on Friday, 11/26 and Saturday, 11/27 from 9-11am. Click here to learn more and reserve your time slot!
- Cunning House Coffee is now available in our produce department. You may have met Don at one of our Community Market Days. His roastery is located in Lower Burrell, PA. To he and his wife, Alex, coffee is not just a commodity – a host for caffeine. To them, coffee is more like fine wine in regard to its quality and complexity, and they love showing others what a broad and exciting flavor spectrum true specialty coffee can offer. Stop by and pick some up this week!
- For the first time, we are now carrying Old World Ornaments! Our selection includes mostly gardening related ornaments, including– an adorable pruner ornament, a whiskey barrel full of flowers, a mini greenhouse, and a hummingbird feeder ornament.
- Our Team will be busy elves all this week getting ready for our Christmas Open House on Saturday, November 20. We’ll be creating winter porch pots, decorating fresh wreaths, setting up Christmas trees, and constructing our giant, 11-foot diameter live wreath! If you stop by before Saturday, you’ll see our Team busy creating, and everything will be ready by Saturday.
- If you’re looking for a bottle of wine for Thanksgiving dinner, or need a hostess or holiday gift, our wine is now available for purchase during regular store hours. If you’d like to sample some before buying, tastings are available every Saturday from 10am – 2pm.
- For the first time, Santa is making a visit to the Greenhouse! Registration is required for the event on Saturday, November 27 from 1-3pm, and includes your choice of cookie decorating or ornament making.
- Don’t miss the special Thanksgiving-themed Bedner Bag this week. Fresh ingredients with four recipes will get your dinner plans off to a great start! The fresh sage and thyme will make a world of difference in roasting your turkey.
- If you’re looking for a way that your family can give to others in need this season, our Angel Tree 2021 will be ready to go by Saturday, November 20. We have two options this year– you can take an angel to support a resident of a low-income, senior living building in Canonsburg. Or you can make an “angel” donation for Luke Liggett and family. Luke was diagnosed with ALS in August 2020, and we are collecting donations toward his treatments.
Wishing you an abundance of reasons to celebrate and give thanks during this season of Thanksgiving.