Weekly News, 2.22.23
You know that saying, do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life? It’s not exactly true, for me anyway. We work really hard at what we love because we believe in how important it is.
We shared this message with students at a local school recently. Kids are always a little surprised at how important plants are. Sure, they look nice and taste good, but without them, we wouldn’t recognize our planet.
- Did you know there are somewhere around 400,000 species of plants on planet Earth? And without them, we wouldn’t be here.
- Check out this short video from Scholastic on what horticulture actually is and how important it is. (Made for kids, but fun and informative for all.)
- Next week (Feb 27-Mar 3) is Green Career Week, and together with Seed Your Future, we envision a world where everyone understands and values the importance of plants and green collar professionals. See how we live this vision year round.
- Join us next Sat/Mar 4 from 9a-11a to learn more about joining our team. We are interested in finding the next generation of plant people, and that includes nature-loving students and retirees!
- Last but not least, we’re checking in on our 2023 geraniums and sharing a little peek into how we grow to please.
‘To be successful, the first thing to do is to fall in love with your work.’ (Mary Lauretta) This is love and we can’t wait to share the fruits of our labor with you this spring.
See you soon,