Weekly News, 4.22.20
We hope that this email finds you well. Hopefully that blast of cold last night didn’t hurt your plants. Our bleeding hearts didn’t like the cold too much, and covering all of the nursery stock has been a chore. We look forward to warm weather hopefully soon.
In the past week a lot has been going on around the farm–
- we continue to transplant some vegetable plants, wave petunias in jumbo 6-packs, and perennials in 1-gallon pots;
- we hosted a successful blood drive with Vitalant on Sunday… they had about 25 donors;
- we’ve been plowing some of the vegetable fields, getting them ready for planting;
- the tomatoes are growing great in the high tunnel and needed staked for a second time.. we should be picking in early June;
- six varieties of perennial Clematis arrived today, along with some other nursery stock;
- we have continued setting up the store, filling it with plants from the back production greenhouses;
- we’ve been working hard behind the scenes on an improved online store, to improve the shopping experience for those that want to shop from home;
- and last, but not least, we decided to open our doors for in-store shopping.
We look forward to serving you this season. There is no question that the past month has been a challenge for our community, our country and our world. Our Mission is that our plants, products, services and experiences bring you the rejuvenation– refreshment, restoration, and renewal– to find joy and take on another day with hope.
Thank you for your support.
Russ and Melanie