Weekly News, 4.28.21
If you know us, you know that we’re a little petunia crazy around here. Like any plant nerd, the catalogs come in, and well, we just can’t resist. Our Greenhouse Production Manager and Grower, Erin, carefully selected and grew 44 varieties this year! Maybe that’s too many choices, but hey, the more the merrier when it comes to plants, in our opinion. I personally want to take one of each home. My favorite right now is Blackberry Cheesecake. Check out the Russ Recommends video below for some closeups of a few that Russ likes. Below is the annual plant of the year from Proven Winners called Supertunia Mini Vista® Pink Star.
Here’s what’s going on around the farm this week–
- the store is mostly stocked now with annuals, herbs, and veggie plants. Some of the hanging baskets will be another week or two.
- check out our new, weekly Facebook Live series called “Talk To Us Tuesdays” with our Education & Events Coordinator, Ryan, along with other staff appearances. He’ll be giving plant, product and event information, and answering your questions. Every Tuesday at noon.
- extended weeknight hours for the month of May begin next week. We’ll be open M-F until 7pm.
- we have a couple spots left for the rain barrel workshop tomorrow night. Click here to register.
- a new, weekly event is in the works and begins on Saturday, July 17, called Community Market Day. Every Saturday, we will host local vendors to sell their wares at the greenhouse. Other happenings on those days include live music, pick-your-own veggies (in summer), our food truck, wine tastings, and fun classes and workshops. Stay tuned for more info!
Enjoy those petunias,