We hope that you are all doing well during this time of staying at home. Here’s the latest from here at the farm…
Our staff has been busy in the past week—
—transplanting of annuals and veggie plants. We have some cool season annuals and veggie plants available now, and much more of them are scheduled to be ready for end of April/beginning of May. You can check our availability sheets to see what is ready and what is still growing in the greenhouses to be ready later;
—unpacking shipments of plants and gardening supplies. We are stocked up on garden tools, pest & disease controls, soil ammendments, and fertilizers. We got in some beautiful, planted terrariums and Venus Fly Traps this week, plus pruners, trowels, gloves, and much more;
—processing customer online/phone orders for pickup and delivery. Helping customers find what they need while not having them shop in-store has been a brand new challenge for our Team. We are dedicated to serving you the best we can, and continue to update and improve our process each day. Thank you in advance for your patience and continued support.
—creating and updating plant and product Availability Sheets. Many of our plants and products are listed on the website Availability Sheets. We’ve tried to indicate a “Status” for some items to show what is ready now and what will be ready later. The sheets still do not include everything that we usually carry. We continue to work on updating sheets, and will be getting photos connected to things eventually. However, with the number of items, this is going to take a LONG time! Thanks again for your patience.
While the store is not open to shoppers, here are a few tips for online and phone orders:
- View our Availability Sheets and put together a shopping list from the comfort of your couch! There are over a dozen sheets posted currently.
- Refer to our Plant Finder to research plant information— view photos, see growing instructions and mature sizes of plants. The Plant Finder is not our current inventory, but a reference guide for plant information.
- Follow our facebook page. We’ll be posting a lot of photos and videos of what’s available.
- If you need help with suggestions or advice, give us a call. We are doing our best to have enough staff to take calls, however there are times when the phones lines are all tied up and you might get our voicemail. Please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we can. Depending on staffing and the volume of incoming calls, we might not get to calling you back until the next day.
- Once your order is ready, fill out the online form. Please know we are doing our best to fulfill orders as quickly as possible, and with a limited staff.
- We will call you to confirm your order, take payment, and arrange for a contactless pickup or delivery time. Your order will be placed outside in one of our pick-up bins for you to load.
The store is temporarily closed to visitors. Please stay tuned to our weekly emails and social media pages for updates.
Thank you for your support. We are here to help you #StayHomeAndGarden. Thank goodness, gardening is NOT cancelled!!
Russ and Melanie