Weekly News, 5.17.21
Hello gardening friends,
Anybody looking for some relaxation? I don’t know what you have going on in your life right now. We all have our struggles, stresses, and times that are more hectic than others. Working in a garden center in the spring time is one of those more hectic times, so I have relaxation on my mind tonight. I know this too shall pass, my light and momentary troubles are achieving for me a greater reward, and my time to get in the garden is coming. I totally agree with how Oscar de la Renta put it, “Gardening is how I relax. It’s another form of creating and playing with colors.”
Here’s your weekly updates–
- registration for our kid’s gardening program, Jr. Green Thumbs, is now up. You can register kids ages 4-12 for 3-week sessions in June, July, and/or August. We’re super excited to welcome the kids back to the farm this summer after a hiatus last year. See below for a link to more info.
- we have a wonderful selection of roses right now, with a few more David Austin’s on their way this Friday. Check them out while the selection is great.
- we have our first produce harvest of the season– microgreens, sunflower sprouts, and pea tendrils. Check out the produce cooler next to the tractor near the checkouts.
- did you know that in addition to growing our own produce, we also carry locally produced products? Currently available is Bearded Devil Hot Sauce, Maple Street Jam, Cedar Run Farm Maple Syrup, Bedillion’s Honey, and Farm 57 eggs. We LOVE supporting these local, family businesses. I’ve met with them all personally, and I appreciate the hard work and passion that they put into producing quality food products for our region. Pick some up next time you visit for flowers. You can find them next to our produce cooler.
- if you haven’t visited us yet this spring, be sure to soon, while the selection is still at it’s best. There are so many unique plants to choose from that I am still honestly discovering every day. Russ highlights a few noteworthy annuals below in his video. Thanks again and big props to our Managers Erin, Jeremy and Tristan for seeking out, researching, scheduling and buying the best selection around!
I’m looking to some relaxing time in the dirt real soon. I wish the same for you.