Weekly News, 7.1.20
July is here, and the year 2020 is half over. It’s been, well… a hard year so far, right? I don’t know if “hard” is the word, but maybe challenging, different, scary. I don’t want to dwell on what we all know already, and hope to bring you something uplifting and inspiring each week. Our Mission is that our plants, products, services and experiences can bring you some inspiration and rejuvenation, and we wish that for you even more so this year.
The safety of our staff, customers, family and community has been top of mind this year, and we’ve made our best effort to follow the guidelines. With that in mind, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel the Jr. Green Thumbs (kids’ gardening) classes, U-Pick Veggies, and Fall Fest this year. This wasn’t an easy decision and we are definitely disappointed.
However, we have been working hard the past couple of weeks to bring you a Summer Gardening Series of classes, where we still hope to inspire you with gardening ideas and activities, while still being able to stay safe. The series will take place every Thursday evening starting July 9, and classes take place after store hours, so it will be a small group of people. Class attendees will have the whole greenhouse to themselves! Starting at 5:30pm, you can mingle at a safe distance with friends in our open-air greenhouse; the class begins at 6pm; and then you have until 7:30pm to enjoy the greenhouse, whether you just want to relax and talk with friends or shop.
All of the Thursday Summer Gardening Series classes have been added to our website. We will also be adding in a few Saturday classes in August and September. We wish you all a summer of FUN, JOY and GOOD HEALTH.
In other news this week–
- during our open months of April 1 – October 31, we’ve always been open seven days a week, except for Easter. Until now. For the months of July and August, we will be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. This will allow us and our garden center staff some much needed down time during the slower, summer months. Thank you for your understanding.
- we have a second crop of tomato plants ready for you! Plant a few fresh plants within the next couple of weeks to ensure you are harvesting until frost.
- our homegrown produce available right now includes blueberries, beets, cucumbers, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, and zucchini.
- we’re joining our friends at Heaven Sent Farms this summer for a farmer’s market in their beautiful event barn. They are hosting a bunch of great, local vendors on the first Tuesday of the month from 4-7pm– July 7, August 4, September 1, and October 6. We’ll be there with our fresh produce and wine. Learn more here.
- our Landscape Department is busier than ever, and looking to add to our Team. Click here to learn more about the positions. We also have a Referral Program where YOU can earn cash or Bedner’s Gift Cards by sending great people our way.
Last, but now least, it’s time to redeem your Bedner Bucks! See the link below to check your balance, or just stop by and a Staff member will be happy to look it up for you.
Thanks for supporting your local, small businesses!
|Click Here, or the image above, to check your Bedner Bucks balance.
You email address must be on file for you to check your balance online.
|Heaven Sent Farmer’s Market
|First Tuesday of Every Month July – October, 4-7pm.
Put this on your calendar for a monthly night out the next four months. Heaven Sent Farms is hosting local vendors with produce, dairy, eggs, honey, meat, flowers, jams, desserts, a food truck, and so much more, all in their gorgeous event barn. The farm views alone will be worth the drive to the country!
Location: 243 Washington Pike, Avella 15312