Weekly News, 8.12.20
Posted on: August 13, 2020
Posted in: Blog
I hope that you are finding JOY in nature and gardening this week. It has definitely brought smiles to the residents of a high rise in Hazelwood, thanks to the time and generosity of Suzanne Good. Be sure to see the details of this Good Gardening News at the end of the newsletter.
New Arrivals this week–
- veggie transplants for fall including arugula, beets, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, collards, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, lettuce, pak choi, spinach, and swiss chard. Plant now for a fall harvest!
- fall annual color including sunflowers, strawflower, bidens, dichondra, ornamental grasses, calibrachoa, and verbena.
- perennials including asters, Geranium ‘Rozanne’, Lavender ‘Phenomenal’, Salvia ‘May Night’, and Lamium ‘Ghost’.
- shrubs including Azalea ‘Girard’s Crimson’, 3 colors of the ‘Pugster’ Butterfly Bush, Boxwood NewGen Freedom and Independence, Rose of Sharon ‘Lavender Chiffon’, Sky Pencil Holly, Blue Point Juniper, Blue Star Juniper, Sugar & Spice Arborvitae, Vitex ‘Blue Puffball’, and more.
- Masserelli’s fine stone fountains and statuary.
Our crop of fall mums and other fall annuals should be ready in about 2 weeks or so. Fall pansies are usually after Labor Day, and by mid-September at the latest. For now, ENJOY the rest of summer! Technically we have five more weeks of it 🙂
|Happy PA Produce Month!
This month we celebrate the peak harvest of most PA vegetable crops. To do that, we’re sharing each Friday this month we’re giving away a Ball Preserving Starter Kit and a $25 Bedner’s Gift Card on our facebook page.
Congratulations to Gayle Kamienik, the winner last Friday!
For a chance to win, look for and comment on our post this Friday morning. The winner will be randomly chosen and announced by 5pm Friday night.
Savory Southern Tomato Pie
This month we’re sharing some of our favorite recipes for enjoying the fresh vegetable harvest. If you love tomatoes and basil, this one is a must try!
6″ pots of Basil, $6.99 each
includes 4 half pint jars with lids and bands, 1 pectin packet, 1 flexible canning rack, 1 jar lifter, 1 headspace tool and 1 jar funnel
BUY 1, GET 1 FREE!
Ball Preserving Starter Kit, $32.99
Stop by to see our Nursery Clearance Area!
Select plants are 50% OFF.