Weekly News, 8.4.21
I just love how gardening and nature bring us together. Recently I had the pleasure of visiting three local residences for my Garden Tour 2021 and I’m excited to share what I learned with you. It’s so much fun to see the unique creativity of other’s home gardens, as well as the immense JOY it all brings to their lives. I left admiring their hard work and inspired in my own gardening. Over the next few weeks I’ll be sharing a video tour of each one with you all, so stay tuned!
Here’s what’s going on at the farm–
- this Friday we are hosting another blood drive with Vitalant. If you donated at our last one, then you are eligible to donate again. All donors will get to spin our prize wheel for a free gift! Click here to schedule your appointment and search Group Code C651. At the drive on June 11, we had 18 donations, with the potential to impact 54 lives. Let’s beat that number this week!
- our Food Truck and Wine Tent is open every Friday and Saturday from 11am – 3pm. This week’s menu includes Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad, Caprese Salad, and a delicious Veggie Wrap, all prepared with our homegrown veggies.
- the next 3-week session of Junior Green Thumbs starts this Friday. Here’s a recent testimonial from a happy Grandma, “I just wanted to tell you that I brought my granddaughter and her friend to the July Green Thumb Garden Program and I thought it was wonderful. The young fellow that ran the program was very nice, engaged with the children very well and had a wonderful well organized venue. I thought it was well worth the price. Thank you for having this program.” Click here to sign up!
- we are hiring! Click here to view open positions and to apply. We also have an Employee Referral Program, where you can earn up to either $200 in cash or $300 in Bedner’s Gift Cards from a successful referral. Thanks for helping us to spread the word.
- our Landscape Team is now booking fall clean-ups. Fill out a Landscape Request to get an estimate and on our schedule.
- our U-Pick veggies is open every Saturday this month from 10am – 2pm. Take a short walk up to our fields and we’ll give you a basket to fill up with whatever you choose. $15 per basket. No registration required. And here’s a tip– if you download our mobile app, there’s an app Reward for $5 off a basket.
- save the date for our Fall Open House on Saturday, August 28. We’ll have our store transitioned with fall decor and plants, and Doug Oster will be here to inspire us!
Thank you for reading. Let us know if there is anything that we can help you with. Our Mission and main goal is that you can experience JOY in gardening and nature, and SUCCESS in your gardening endeavors. If you are successful, then that means we are doing our job well.