Weekly News, 9.9.20
The longer that I’m working in this field, the more I realize how much plants and gardening really bring us together. I enjoyed visiting several of your home gardens this summer, and look forward to it next year too. The quote by Monty Don explains it well– “
“I am always more interested in people than plants. Nature doesn’t make gardens, people make gardens. And the story of a garden is always the story of a person.”
And likewise– plants don’t make a garden center and landscape business, people make it what it is. Our business has been blessed by a GREAT staff, and I’ll be sharing more about them in the weeks to come. Each member of our staff has a story, (and most often one that involves loving plants), and contributes their unique talents, knowledge and dedication to make Bedner’s Farm & Greenhouse and Bedner’s Landscape & Design what it is. This week you can learn more about our Perennial & Nursery Manager, Jeremy Gruszka.
Here’s what’s new and interesting to know this week:
- more of our homegrown fall mum crop is ready. We will have plenty all month long, and replenish the store benches everyday.
- we grew a new and interesting plant called Pumpkin on a Stick this year. See the Russ Recommends video below to learn more.
- fresh perennials and shrubs arrive this Friday, including– Azalea ‘Girard’s Crimson’, Barberry ‘Crimson Cutie’, three colors of the Butterfly Bush ‘Pugster’ series, ‘Winter Gem’ Boxwood, ‘Aphrodite’ Sweetshrub, ‘Emerald Gaiety Euonymus, ‘Blue Chiffon’ and ‘Lavender Chiffon’ Rose of Sharon, ‘Summerific Ballet Slippers’ perennial Hibiscus, ‘Limelight’ Hydrangea, ‘Sky Pencil’ Holly, ‘Ginger Wine’ Ninebark, and more!
- in addition to our homegrown produce offerings, we also have honey, maple syrup, hot sauce and apple cider all made by local producers. Russ’ wines are also available to purchase by the bottle.
- our Management Team has been working hard to plan for staying open in November and December. We will be open for Christmas trees, wreaths, greens, and poinsettias. We are also super excited to offer wreath, centerpiece, and winter porch pot workshops! The class list and registration will be up within the next couple of weeks.
However you are creating beauty in your space at home, we are here for you! It is our honor to provide you with the plants, products, services and experiences that bring you both inspiration and rejuvenation!
12″ Hanging Baskets
fall mums not included
Thursday, September 10 @ 6pm
Fall Gardening with Doug Oster
Saturday, September 12 @ 9:30am
Yoga on the Farm
Class held rain or shine in the outdoors, (we practice in a covered pavilion if it rains). There is no registration needed. Just show up at the greenhouse entrance by 9:20am. From there we walk together as a group over to our pond side yoga spot. Fee is $10 payable by cash or check to the instructor Kristen the day of. Bring a mat, large towel or blanket for the grass, and water. Join us!
Saturday, September 12 @ 2pm
Fall Container Workshop SOLD OUT!
Thursday, September 17 @ 6pm
Click Here to Learn More & Register!